Sunday 28 October 2007

The wrong Toast

Friday +29
William ate a piece of polystyrene, I mean rice cake the size of a 50 pence piece!!!!! The first food for 3 weeks!!! He then didn’t drink his 3rd 50 mls of rice milk but I suppose you can’t have everything. He is a bit restless now and very thirsty so if he is not sick I will eat a rice cake or my hat (which might be tastier)!!! The TPN is late tonight, it’s 8.30 already and sometimes it goes up at 7, there is lots of rustling involved because it comes in a bag with a light protective bag over the top of it (it doesn’t like the light) so W and I might settle down for a spot of TV this evening for a Friday treat. He had his splint removed from his Hickman line repair but otherwise we are medically quite uneventful so far at least today (which is after all the way we like it). Jack (the lucky little chap) has received his get out of jail free card and goes home on Tuesday all being well which is great news. Keller went back home again so that’s good. Alarmingly I just heard a woman in the kitchen who was discharged from here, went home for 2, yes that’s right 2 days, has promptly spent 6 months in Sheffield (hospital) (I know it is a great city but there are better ways to see the country than being based in hospitals) with her son and is now back here for review? It’s a long way round (ooh must get R to tape Long Way Down (love Ewan and Charlie)) journey this BMT malarkey.

Saturday +30 and Sunday +31
Well my hat was very tasty, W wasn’t sick hoorah! He has eaten a whole large rice cake for lunch and 3 fingers of toast for tea on Saturday. I also gave him half a slice of toast and marmite for breakfast on Sunday before remembering that he is supposed to be wheat free…duh. However we are now armed with wheat free bread which weighs a ton but W is tucking in for his Sunday tea. For lunch he ate half a rice cake and his milk is up to 9 mls an hour. It feels like we are making progress. He is a still a bit snotty, they are going to take a swab tomorrow. I had a lovely lunch with Nick yesterday a mooch round the British Museum and a trip to Covent Garden. Today I have been back to Covent Garden to return William’s too small Mammoth Crocs only to find they don’t have his size and won’t until the end of November. Boo. I went for a bit of a wander, got a bit lost but found myself amongst the lions of Trafalgar Square, so went up past Picadilly Circus, Regent Street, into Oxford Street and back through to Holburn so am quite tired now. W has had fun playing with Daddy. He slept well last night and he did give Rob and I a bit of evening time together which was nice. We were able to wave to Rob across the road this morning which was fun. This post is a bit jumbled up, just like us at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Catherine
I have been smiling away at your humour again during my blog catch up and nearly laughed out loud at the 'puddle of poo' episode! Thinking about you all. Love Tasha xx