Thursday 21 February 2008

Monday +137 – Thursday +147

It has been a while since the last entry, things have been so busy for me. Lots of William care and supervision and settling back into the ‘normal’. We went up to GOS last week and he had his Immunoglobulins and check up. He has now stopped his immune suppressant and is doing very well so far without it. It was another very long and tiring day but we don’t have to go back until mid March, phew! I am also another year older, and perhaps this time a little wiser. Mum started her chemo on Friday and is being very brave, I admire her courage. On Saturday Bryher came to stay which was lots of fun and David, Nicky and the adorable Otto joined us on Sunday for a lovely lunch (if I do say so myself! thanks in most part to Sir Jamie!). Rob started his ‘Just a walk’ training on Sunday morning and set off before dawn with Gillie in tow. A few hours later, after some complications we were able to successfully retrieve them (Rob has a new mantra, I must always charge my mobile phone and also learn my home phone number!) and they had travelled an impressive 20 miles or so. Auntie Nicky, Granma Ruth, Hannah and Ella came for tea on Monday and William played remarkably well considering his time away. It was lovely to see them playing together and William made me laugh when he tried to take Ella’s blood pressure by putting the toy cuff on her leg much to her bemusement. Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit on Wednesday and assisted whilst poor William had to have his NG tube changed and his Hickman Line dressing done. This morning Vikkie, Luke and Tamsin have been over for a cup of tea. It really was very nice to see them, William was pleased to find a fellow Jaffa cake lover although a bit perplexed that Tamsin didn’t want one (at 6 months old!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to catch up on all your news (and what a lovely photo - really nice to see William looking so cheerful). A very belated happy birthday to Cath - I should have remembered as it's on Valentine's Day! Hope everything continues to go well for you all, especially Cath's mum (& William of course).

Love J & G xx

Aimee said...

It's wonderful to see your family active! I love the picture too. I like putting a face with a name. You are great looking people and William looks so healthy. I'm so happy his immunosuppressants have stopped. I hope I am understanding that correctly. Thanks for checking in on us too. All smiles over here!