Thursday 11 October 2007

More from Tuesday +12
Wow as previously mentioned those cells are certainly getting a shift on. William does have a virus that is contributing to the diarrhoea (is there anyone who can spell that without a spellchecker? Apparently Mum can so maybe it’s just me!) There is nothing that they can do for it, just make sure that the fluid he loses is replaced. Hopefully he will be able to fight it off pretty quickly.

Wednesday +13
WCC 10.93
Neutro 8.46
Lymph 0.41
Platelets 290
More great numbers today. I sloped off to the British Museum for an hour today, its only a 10 minute walk away which was most culturally enlightening! I bought a guide book so am now authority on ancient civilisations~!~!! A wakeful evening for William again, he didn’t sleep (after his initial nap) until midnight. He was happy enough in himself although a little disappointed not to be allowed to watch Tractor Ted or play with his new Duplo after hours. I think his routine is just so disrupted with those blood pressure, temperature, pulse, pump checks and lots of noisy bins. He is MUCH better having his BP taken now. He likes to help and put the cream on the sensor. They have to do it manually with the Doppler machine because then the cuff doesn’t squeeze quite so tight. Otherwise more of the same stuff. He was a tiny bit sick but there really wasn’t anything in his stomach except some toothpaste!!!

Thursday +14
Platelets 330
WCC 8.51, Neutro 5.84
We have come a long way in two weeks. Some of his counts are a bit down on yesterday but look at those platelets go! They are lower because he didn’t have the GCSF yesterday which boosts them up, so I guess these are all without artificial help. Billy, next door and Keller are both on their way home today which is exciting and scary for them and their parents. The TPN that William is on costs £1000 a day!! So I hope its yummy (although it obviously isn’t cos it goes in his veins not in his tummy)! They are going to put a bit of a milk feed later to see if his tummy is up to it so will report back in due course. The sun is shining so as soon as W is awake and happy playing with Grandma I will be off to the internet cafĂ©. Jack is much better by all accounts and there is talk of Lucy going home next week.
Happy Anniversary Lisa and Nuri, lots of love to you both, card on the way postal strikes permitting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can supply some nutrient solution from the lab, it is a lot cheaper than TPN, and the plants grow really well on it!
Keep up the good work, KFN x

alex said...

Hi Catherine Mr Curtis and William
I have been keeping updated by reading your daily thoughts. My thoughts are with you, I am very proud of all three of you!
I will keep reading, in fact once I start, I cant drag myself away!
Give William a hug from me.


Alex Jenkins

Anonymous said...

What good news, keep up the good work William what does TPN stand for? Love Phyllis