Monday 5 November 2007

The Fox Report

Monday +39
The consultant saw W this morning and isn’t too concerned about the rash, still it is quite hard not to worry. Otherwise it looks like Bristol is really full so we will have to go straight home instead…hoorah! They are sorting out getting us a pump and training for the milk, so that we can do feeds through the NG tube at home. Rob and I are having our ‘going home’ talk on Thursday which takes an rather comprehensive 2 hours. It doesn’t mean that we are actually going just yet but at least we will be ready. I am hopeful for next week if we keep on as we are. We will also start doing William’s many medicines ourselves under the supervision of the nurses so that they are confident that we are up to speed with flushing the tube and measuring quantities etc. William was a jumping bean again last night and didn’t want to go to sleep but was obviously feeling a bit icky as he was sick 3 times in 2 hours. Not too much each time but lots of cuddles and clean sheets! He crashed out at about 11. They are going to change one of his medicines (Cyclosporin) from IV to oral this week which will be interesting. They can measure the levels in his blood to check that his is absorbing enough and that it isn’t coming straight out of one end or the other. William has a new book with Thomas the Tank Engine that has several buttons that make a noise, Grandma had him in hysterics last night by jumping up to salute each time he pressed the fanfare button. It was hilarious, it was great to see him having such fun. He has drunk some water today and eaten a couple of wafers and slice of wheat free honey cake! I am still trying to see the dietician for advice, I think that they are happy for them to eat just about anything at this stage, just as long as they eat, there are baskets of chocolate and all sorts of goodies lurking in the fridge for some of the other children. Took my mouldy jaffa cakes back to H&B and did get my money back but am not sure that the assistant really grasped the concern that I had about taking mould onto a reverse isolation ward! However he did assure me that he would check the rest of the stock.

I think that for once in my life (no, not the thinking bit, wait for it) that I have said nothing when I should have said something. I didn’t know what to say and wasn’t sure, anyway I want to say how sorry we were to hear of Roy’s death and would like to send love and condolences to Mary and everyone who loved Roy.

No comments: