Wednesday 14 November 2007

Wednesday +48

I had steak and wine for lunch with Dad today YUM! We had a lovely time although sadly he wasn’t able to come onto the ward. They are shutting the parents kitchen for 48 hours too for a deep clean which will be a bit inconvenient but better than us ALL getting the virus. Lucy went home today HOORAH. I was so happy to see her heading out with her coat on in her buggy and her parents laden with bags but also a teensy bit sad (well actually I confess to having bitten my quivering lip rather hard and then having to reach for the tissues as they disappeared from view). Claire has been a great support, always a wise word or two and I shall miss such friendly, cheery neighbours but wish them a happy new beginning (should I get a job at Hallmark?) Actually the other day, Rob and I were only discussing a gap in the card market we were wondering about a ‘Thank you very much for being my bone marrow donor’ card! No reaction to the antibiotic that ran between 3.15 and 6am although William did think that he would bounce around the cot for the first hour or so just to be sure. I confess to having fallen asleep when the flush was running but did catch forty winks mid morning and had our morning consultation with our doctor (who is lovely and doesn’t look at me as though I am odd and W likes him too) with the blanket still wrapped around my shoulders and my hair standing on end (maybe that’s why the others think I am odd? Or am I just paranoid? (rhetorical question, they really are talking about me behind my back (ha ha) no really, they are)) (having re read that I would like to prevent misunderstanding and point out that I was fully clothed). Otherwise we have taken some backwards steps the nappies situation is not improved (and by the sounds of it there will be another for the pile in a mo, but that’s probably more info than you really need) the milk feed is running at 5, he had to have water down his NG tube, he was sick twice (but they did stop one of his anti sickness meds! which is now available ‘as required’ which btw I can’t quite figure out, what wait until he’s sick and then give him a dose and then wait until he is sick again?!?!) his TPN is up again and for the first time he is getting the ‘fat’ element with extra calories (it seems to be a bag of which stuff containing ‘fat’) yummy but hopefully all this will help, one step back and two forward or something?!?!?!?!!? By the way my reflexology was most interesting and relaxing and only a teensy bit tickly on two occasions, I am glad I took the opportunity. Must go now, sleep to catch up on and meds to look forward to at 3 yikes! (just felt like using the word yikes, have gone a bit Scooby Doo!) defo time for bed.

No comments: